The Coupon Clippers

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Something old is new again

Ok...so many of you know the story of how I stumbled into couponing again...through the E-mealz website, right? (If you don't know the story, it's something I share in many of my classes.)

WELL, the Chappell family has gotten bored with the same ole same old around here in the dinner menu department - spaghetti, tacos, hot dogs, chicken and rice...you guys can relate, right? I decided it was time to employ a helper (no, I haven't hired a personal chef, but I may as well have.) I signed back up for E-mealz.com's weekly menu planner! This time, I decided to try Aldi's meal planner. For $5.00 a month, I get to download a COMPLETE meal plan for our nightly dinners...including the shopping list for items that are on special for the week at Aldi. It's a GREAT variety of meals that use ingredients that I would normally pass by. The best part is, I can do all of this for less than $70 a week (with my coupon shopping at other stores, I'm sure it will be MUCH less than that.) This menu will give me a jump start on dinner each night, so I won't have to think about it too much when I get home from work...woohoo!

I'll let you guys know how things turn out as we get back into the swing of "real life" after this relaxing holiday!

No comments: