The Coupon Clippers

Friday, January 28, 2011

Rough day

So, today is already started out as a rough day. I have a MONSTER headache that is only being made worse through a situation that I am dealing with in one area of my life.

BUT, God is SO good! He sent me a nugget to help through the day!
This is what I JUST read and it is seeping into my soul and bringing me peace that I'm sure will carry me through the struggles of today.

Proverbs 5:22-23 (New International Version, ©2011)
22 The evil deeds of the wicked ensnare them;
the cords of their sins hold them fast.
23 For lack of discipline they will die,
led astray by their own great folly.

I know I am not supposed to wish that others should "get what's coming to them" because, as a Christian, I am supposed to have the heart of Christ and know that "He (God) does not want anyone to perish, but wants everyone to repent." 2 Peter 3:9

SO...I cannot allow myself to fall into the snares of wickedness that are spoken about in Proverbs! I HAVE to show discipline today with my emotions and not allow them to take over that part of me that "doesn't want anyone to perish", no matter how evil their actions are.

Yes, some people just have to learn the hard way. I can't always stop them from making wrong choices and decisions...I can just love them through the consequences.

No comments: