The Coupon Clippers

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hello ALL!!

I received the sweetest email today and it made me realize how long it's been since I updated my blog, so I just wanted to post a quick message to give an update to those that may be checking the blog periodically and have noticed how quiet it's been lately.

Unfortunately, I have had to put PennyWise on the back burner for a little bit in order to focus on helping to get my family back on it's financial feet. The last class that I did was in August and it was wonderful! It was the first one that I had done since June and it made me realize how much God blesses me when I share the message of couponing that He gave me to share.

Right now, we are in the midst of football season. As many of you know, my husband took the volunteer full-time job of Booster Club President for Hewitt Trussville High School Athletics. That has provided many challenges, but he is doing a great job! We have a 10th grader that is playing football and that means we get to attend TWO games a week instead of just one. My other two children are running cross country (with meets on Saturday morning) and my youngest is playing flag football(with games on Saturday morning). SOOOOO, needless to say, we are VERY busy...AND if you add into the equation that I started back to work a 35 hour per week job in August after a very lengthy 12 year "vacation" and the fact that I'm also taking college classes online to finish my degree...my life is VERY VERY busy!

There is still no news on the job front for Mark, but he is hitting it harder than he ever has right now! There are some promising leads out there that we would really appreciate your prayers over. We have been very blessed to have people still providing some part time "pick up" work when it is available. That has allowed us to keep eating and have gas to get around town and we are even able to pay an occasional bill (which I know the power company, phone company and Trussville Utilities appreciate!)

This time has been very trying for the Chappell family, but God has been there through it all...even when I wasn't convinced He was still there...He was.

I have to tell you how wonderful it is to have all of you out there praying for us! It never seems to fail, when I hit a low point and am particularly discouraged, I get an email of encouragement from one of you that lifts my head and allows me to keep on plugging away. I will certainly never forget this time in my life and how much all of you have blessed me through it!

I will try to keep you updated more frequently and hope that I can get some classes on the schedule once football season ends. I still have a waiting list of about 100 people that I hate to keep putting off. Meanwhile, I hope that you guys will be sharing the couponing tips with your friends and family!

Thanks again for your support and prayers and keep on saving!!

Sincerely,
Jamie

1 comment:

Danielle Mongin said...

Keep going! You are an awesome Mom!