The Coupon Clippers

Friday, January 7, 2011

Hello blog...i've been a bad friend!

So, one thing this blog has shown me is that I have NO self-discipline and NOW it's in print for the whole world to read! I laughed when I read over my posts from last year about posting often and sharing my thoughts with the world...I made it to January 19th! HAHAHAHAHA!

To be honest though, 2010 was a year that most of the world would not really want to know my thoughts. I think it was one of the roughest years I have faced in my lifetime. Nothing truly traumatic happened, but something with my spirit man shifted and my foundation of faith just wasn't as strong. I think I've been going through the motions for the past several months, too afraid to feel anything, or do anything.

SO, at the beginning of this new year, when the world and all of it's media outlets cause us to reminisce I am being forced to look back at last year and ask myself, "what exactly did you do with that whole year again?". This self questioning has caused me to realize something...Ummmm....that's not a question I EVER want God to ask me!!!!

Having said all of that, I am quietly making some changes in my heart to do more this year with the time that God has given me. I'm not one to make New Years resolutions, because (as seen through this blog) I have no self-discipline and can't keep the resolution! So this is not a new year resolution...this is a life resolution. I already know that I will have many temptations and set-backs, because Satan HATES life resolutions. I have been thinking over this post since yesterday morning and JUST YESTERDAY I had a trial thrown into my path with some people that I have had a HARD time loving over the past year...so this road will not be easy.

I had a thought in the car yesterday about Heaven...do you think Heaven has a new years eve celebration with fireworks? I'm CERTAIN that they do not since the passing of time is something that we only feel on this broken planet we live on. The Bible does tell us that the Heavens celebrate each time one of God's children comes to know Him! So, instead of living from year to year and reflecting on what I've done in each year, I'm going to start living from person to person and stop and ask myself each time I meet someone "what exactly will you do in the life of this person?". I think THAT will be the way God measures us when we finally do meet Him face to face. It won't be by the year and how much good or bad we did in the time we were given...it will be by the person. How many people that I have contact with will cause a celebration in Heaven?

SO, please pray with me and for me about the people that God entrusts me with...and to be quite honest...pray for those people too cause I can be kind of hard to handle some times. :) LOL!

Coming up in my next post...I will reflect on what happened in 2010 just so that I can get it down on "paper". God was still working in my life...even though I was too afraid to acknowledge Him.

No comments: