The Coupon Clippers

Sunday, June 28, 2009

The new Food World and Bruno's stores....

Sorry that I haven't been very vocal lately. Mark and I have been working our tails off for the past couple of weeks...yeehaw!!

We picked up some temp work with Southern Family Markets. They are the company that bought out many of the Bruno's and Food Worlds around the state and in Florida. We have been in several stores all over birmingham, tuscaloosa and gadsden in the past 3 weeks helping them change out all of the barcodes on the shelves. Not very exciting work, but it's work and we'll take it!!

One thing I can tell you is that the prices are MUCH lower than before. When they tell you that they have lowered over 6000 prices throughout the store, believe them!! Some prices have gone up (primarily on health and beauty), but the majority have dropped significantly.

I will be watching their sales papers to see what kind of deals they have coming out in the next few weeks, but they may finally have caught some of this frugal shoppers business.
They have done away with the Food World card, so you won't need that to shop in their stores anymore. They will continue to double coupons, but I'm not sure if it will be up to $.50 or $.55. I will ask this week as we are leaving the last store.

You guys let me know what your shopping experiences are as you check out their new products and lower prices.

Happy saving!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Just to let everyone know, their weekly ad is online and you can create your shopping list.

Debbie said...

No more shopping at Winn Dixie for me. I sent an email to Winn Dixie because I had a problem with using my coupons last time I shopped there. I was told they were only taking IC's from their website and that you can no longer use 2 coupons with BOGO deals. The answer confirmed what I was told. My business will be going elsewhere.

Case 881310‏
From: Winn-Dixie Customer Response (Svc_WDCustResp@winn-dixie.com)
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Fri 7/24/09 12:00 PM
To: tvillegirl@live.com

Dear Debbie Humphries,

As far as the use of coupons is concerned, Winn-Dixie will honor its store coupons and
manufacture coupons, these type coupons are useable in any chain where the item is
sold. Winn-Dixie does not honor other store coupons; these type coupons are issued for
the purpose of generating sales in a particular food chain and therefore are only useable
in that chains store, Winn-Dixie would be unable to receive credit for those coupons.
There are also times when Winn-Dixie will double or triple coupons, this is done
randomly and will always be noted in the flyer as well as the store where the promotion is
going on. Other than that coupons are handled per the instructions stated. Of course no
outdated or coupons missing date info are accepted.

With double coupons and two BOGO items that are scanned in an order, one of the items
gets credited due to our store promotion. If the customer has two coupons for the BOGO
items they will only be able to use one coupon which will double, provided that it is 50
cents or less. They will not be able to use the other manufacture coupon in the same
order for that BOGO item.

I hope this information is helpful. Winn-Dixie does appreciate you shopping with us.

Sincerely,
Winn Dixie Customer Response

Case #:881310
------------------------------------Original Comments------------------------------------
Subject=Coupons
StoreNum=
StoreLoc=Trussville, AL 35173
Comments=I have a couple of questions about your coupon policy. I like shopping at WD
because you have good specials and I think your meat is much better then elsewhere. I
always shop with coupons and I take time to match coupons with ads and specials to get
the best value. Lately I have been having problems using coupons at my local WD. I was
told by management that you only take internet coupons from smart source and you can
not use 2 coupons on a BOGO offer. I use coupons from several websites, manufacturer
websites, coupons.com and a full cup to name a few. Not being able to use those coupons
really cuts down on the amount I am able to save. Also not being able to use 2 coupons
on BOGO offers really affects my savings. There are several stores that will take internet
coupons and use 2 on BOGO offers that are close by. Food World, Target, Wal-mart and
Publix are all close by. I would hate to take my business somewhere else but I have to
watch my budget and if your coupon policy has changed I will have to go elsewhere.